Homeschooling In Malaysia
Here at My Homeschool we appreciate that homeschooling in Malaysia is relatively new, but it is a legal and exciting option for families to consider.
Under the legislative framework for homeschooling in Malaysia children need to be enrolled in primary school for six years but parents can apply for an exemption, demonstrating how they are offering a homeschooling option instead of traditional school.
Many parents are taking advantage of this flexible option which allows them to support their child to make the most of their gifts and talents and be educated at home to a high standard that may not simply be available at some schools in their area or simply find the cost of international schools too high. Many of these schools follow the IGSCE, which has many similarities to the Australian Curriculum.
A Robust Curriculum For Homeschooling In Malaysia
There are many benefits to using the standards of the Australian Curriculum for homeschooling in Malaysia, especially if you are considering university options abroad.
The My Homeschool graded courses are based around the structure of the Australian Curriculum, giving you the confidence that you are using courses that adhere to a recognised international standard.
- We provide an international homeschool curriculum inspired by Charlotte Mason.
- Our streamlined scope and sequence covers Malaysian grades Kindergarten to Form 4.
- You can feel confident we are offering your child a world class curriculum tailored specifically for home educators.
- My Homeschool gives you curriculum and community. You won’t feel like you are homeschooling alone.
- We use the educational software Moodle, a leading lesson delivery platform used by schools and universities across the globe.
We are not a school and you will need to apply for your own exemption. However, we do have resources and templates to make the process easier, so there is no need to worry about the stringent requirements from the Ministry of Education.
I live in Malaysia, can I still use My Homeschool?
Ya! You can! We are happy to welcome families from Malaysia to the My Homeschool international community.
So many families in Malaysia have seen the benefits of recognising the standards of the Australian Curriculum, especially if they are considering university options abroad. The My Homeschool graded courses are based around the structure of the Australian Curriculum, giving you the confidence that you are using courses that adhere to a recognised international standard.
In addition, My Homeschool is based on the Charlotte Mason method which is favoured by families globally, with thousands choosing to educate their children using this tried and true method. With My Homeschool you can homeschool with the confidence that you are offering your child a rigorous education alongside hundreds of others within our international community.
My Homeschool is happy to accommodate the specific needs that families, within South-East Asia, have and demand when educating their children. There is no need for you to spend hours looking for region specific materials because all our families receive an extensive curated collection of global goodies that they can use to personalise their learning plans.
- Want to include more physical geography options in South-East Asia? We’ve got resources for all continents when it comes to geography.
- Like to spend more time encouraging a second language? My Homeschool is happy to provide resources and plenty of great language recommendations.
- Looking to cover Asian history? You can with our suggested resources and fantastic Living Book lists.
- Want to go beyond Australian literature? We do too! Our excellent literature resources meet the need of international families.
Compare Malaysian Homeschool Grades
Find your grade for homeschooling in Malaysia.
My Homeschool Malaysia Grade Equivalents
Age 5 – 6
Age 6 – 7
Age 7 – 8
Age 8 – 9
Age 9 -10
Age 13 -14
Age 10 -11
Age 14 -15
Age 15 -16