Homeschooling Programs by Curriculum – Singaporean Grades
We provide an international homeschool curriculum inspired by Charlotte Mason. Our streamlined scope and sequence covers Singapore grades Kindergarten to Secondary 4.
You can feel confident we are offering your child a world class curriculum tailored specifically for home educators.
My Homeschool gives you curriculum and community. You won’t feel like you are homeschooling alone.
We use the educational software Moodle, a leading lesson delivery platform used by schools and universities across the globe.
My Homeschool Curriculum Packages
With all of our homeschool curriculum packages we also provide our families with additional parent teaching support and enrichment courses that will make your homeschool journey easier.
Our Charlotte Mason inspired homeschool programs are not sold separately and are exclusive to the My Homeschool learning community.
Community Forum: Our Virtual Home Educator's Staffroom
Think of this as a place to have a chat with homeschool colleagues and share ideas about what’s happening in your homeschool classrooms. Start discussions and tell us stories about your journey. Ask questions about our homeschool curriculum.
How To Teach Homeschool 101
We believe an homeschool curriculum should also support the home educator. That’s why we are pleased to include teaching resources with courses.
How To Teach Homeschool 101
All homeschool curriculum packages include:
- An introduction to the homeschool lifestyle and learning with your kids.
- Explanations on content for all the key learning areas/subjects.
- Teaching techniques used by My Homeschool including ideas from Charlotte Mason.
- Tips on how to organise your day.
- Ideas on harnessing natural learning opportunities.
- What about socialisation?
- A few ideas for teaching with special needs.
- How to make a planner and a portfolio.
O Week For High School
Here at My Homeschool we love to see our families thrive and know that your student can too, no matter what your schooling looked like before you joined My Homeschool. We hope this homeschool resource will help your high schooler understand our education principles and how they can enjoy their homeschool program to the full.
We give them a quick rundown on using the Charlotte Mason method for high school and show them how we are preparing them for excellent academic outcomes.
This course will help your high schooler feel a part of a very big classroom where many other students are following the same curriculum.
Boost Your Homeschool
Our Boost Your Homeschool program will give you the teaching techniques to take your homeschool to the next level of homeschooling. This homeschool resource is for homeschoolers who feel like they have mastered the basics & seasoned home educators.
All homeschool curriculum packages for Australia include our Boost Your Homeschool course.
- How to assess your child
- Teaching a foreign language
- Teaching Shakespeare
- Teaching current affairs
- Setting up a thriving co-op
- Healthy habit for homeschool mummas
- Charlotte Mason principles and more
Living Books Reading Lounge
Finding living books takes time and research. We’ve given you a shortcut. Our virtual library is a homeschool resource you will find quite handy.
You will find additional living books on various topics. Use for free reading or when looking for alternative living book titles when using our homeschool program.
We hope you can find some treasured books here to add to your homeschool library.
All homeschool curriculum packages for Australia include access to our Reading Lounge.
Enrichment Homeschool Resources
At My Homeschool we wanted to make sure your child didn’t miss out of the generous feast a Charlotte Mason education has to offer.
And because we are homeschooling parents ourselves we also know when homeschooling multiple children it’s best to combine lessons when possible. That’s why we made our enrichment courses available to all our grades. You get to pick and choose what and how you’ll teach these topics and you can enjoy the family learning experience.
These courses are not sold separately and are exclusive to our My Homeschool learning community.
Pick a rotation for your whole family and work through it once a week. To enhance your child’s experience you can also play music at other times in the background. We’ve given you a few links for that as well.
- Our first rotation is all about learning to listen to music. It will help train the beginner’s ear to hearing the nuances of classical music. It’s a great introduction for the parent and student. We have two resources, both include weekly lessons for 32 weeks.
- Our second rotation features eight composers. We’ve included radio shows, video clips and some biographies. This rotation could be done as a group or older primary students could do this independently.
- Our third rotation has famous ballet stories and opera highlights for you to watch. And don’t think these are all posh and hard for kids to appreciate because we’ve got some Disney and Muppet interpretations they’re going to love!
Our senior studies rotation is not part of our group study it is set up for independent study. It includes a number of musical genres including classical, opera and modern musical scores.
Art Appreciation For Kids Course
This art appreciation for kids course was developed for family study and is provided free with all course purchases.
Our Art Appreciation for Kids Course includes homeschool resources to help you incorporate picture study into your homeschool. Do this during your group study time around once or twice a week. You could also use this as an independent activity for older children if you wish by having them examine a painting a week.
Art Appreciation For Kids Includes:
- Look Closer – A Simple Start to Art Appreciation For Kids – This is a year-long course for families wanting to include weekly art appreciation easily into their family time. Each term focuses on a different theme in art, with 8 different artworks studied each term. Suitable for all ages, this is a great resource for families with younger students or those new to including art appreciation in their weekly schedule.
- Exploring Colour in Art – This is a course that explores the use and spectrum of colour in art, studying its use by various artists and through many different art movements and styles. It has been designed to fit easily into your family time, with a weekly lesson for each of the 8 weeks of term, across the 4 terms of the year. Suitable for all ages.
- World Master Picture Study – introduces fine art to your child in an easy to use format especially designed for homeschoolers! Use this in your group study time as an easily accessible way to learn about some of the greatest artists and their finest works. Includes a downloadable ebook.
- Australian Artist Picture Study – includes some indigenous art study resources and some famous Australian art works to study. Includes a downloadable ebook.
Senior Students Independent Art Studies
Our senior studies art lessons are not part of our group study. They are set up for independent study.
- Art of the Middle Ages – Is a Year 8 study using art works based on historical events during the middle ages.
- Renaissance Artists – highlights the work of artists during this period. Year 8.
- Japanese Art Study – in Year 8 we also have an art study that ties in with the history of Japan.
- Art Electives – Available with Year 9 & 10 course purchase only.
Charlotte Mason included handicrafts in her schedules to encourage creativity, diligence, creativity and satisfaction. Children enjoy being able to make things for the ones they love and it teaches so many fine motor skills as well. Here at My Homeschool we appreciate the need to work with our heads, hearts and hands and we are happy to provide these resources to help you include more handicrafts in your homeschool.
- Starting sewing
- Paper crafts
- Projects with wool
Work Out World - Gym Class
We’ve chosen a selection of activities for your children to enjoy. You may like to do the activities as a family or have your children do them independently in their scheduled activity time. Your children should be trying to do something active every day or at least five times a week.
- Active games
- Aerobic workouts
- Stretching and relaxation
- Phys Ed and Swedish drill
- Bollywood and Bhangra dance
- Workouts for mum and dad.